Are you meeting with clients who are considering bariatric surgery? are looking for a nutrition evaluation to get insurance approval for surgery? or have had bariatric surgery in the past?
Then this set of resources is what you need!
As dietitians, we can’t possibly stay on the cutting edge of every single nutrition topic.
Nutrition counseling for bariatric surgery is specialized. You must be up-to-date on what information is crucial to obtain in order to accurately approve clients for surgery. It is necessary to have the correct information regarding textures, amounts and timing of eating in order to properly counsel clients. Knowing the specific vitamin supplementation is also required. Let me make it easier for you!
This set provides RD resources for:
- pre-op nutrition evaluation
- cheatsheet of nutrition guidelines for pre-op, 1st month post-op, 3-6 months post-op and 1 year+ post-op
- more detailed checklist of nutrition guidelines for pre-op, 1st month post-op, 3-6 months post-op and 1 year+ post-op
- along with 2 client handouts:
- 1. outline of eating after bariatric surgery and
- 2. vitamin supplement guidelines post bariatric surgery
These resources will help you feel confident and secure in the knowledge needed for counseling this specialized population.
Users who purchased Bariatric Nutrition, also purchased:
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.