Comprehensive Diet Education for People with CKD Bundle
- Low potassium version (identifies high and low potassium fruits & veggies)
- No potassium restriction (encourages ALL fruits and veggies!)
Give your clients a rundown of everything they need to know about healthy eating to slow the progression of kidney disease! Education provided in simplified language for people with low health literacy.
Materials reflect updated research to focus on a “plant-forward” approach to kidney disease. Education encourages eating more fruits, vegetables, whole grains and plant proteins. And limiting animal proteins, phosphorus & potassium food additives, and processed foods.
This 6-page PDF handout breaks down healthy eating for CKD into 5 steps:
- Eat More Fruits & Vegetables (with recommendations for MANY fruits & veggies people should eat!)
- Rethink Your Protein (choose more plant proteins, choose animal proteins less often)
- Stay Away From Foods High In Salt
- Read Food Labels For Things That Hurt Your Kidneys (visually demonstrates how to read food labels for sodium and potassium & phosphorus food additives)
- Choose Healthy Drinks (steering people away from phosphorus containing drinks & sugar)
Each step includes specific food/drink examples to eat more of, and to limit.
Handout ends with MyPlate pattern demonstrating how to build a kidney friendly meal.
Low Potassium & No Potassium Restriction version also available separately!
When patients are diagnosed with CKD the amount of information they need to learn can be overwhelming. This set of handouts are clear, easy to read, and help to break down the information in a way that they can utilize it moving forward.
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.