All the handouts you need for a GI nutrition practice, created by an expert in GI health and disorders.
- Low-FODMAP elimination phase (2 pages), with tips for a successful elimination, food ideas, and hidden high-FODMAP foods
- FODMAP Gentle Diet (1 page), appropriate for people with a history of eating disorders, and those without access or skills to procure/prepare a low-FODMAP diet
- Low-FODMAP Reintroduction Phase (2 pages), for both the regular and gentle versions of the diet
- Diverticular Disease (3 pages), including eating after a diverticulitis flare and surgery, and avoiding diverticulitis when diagnosed with diverticulosis
- Gastroparesis Diet (3 pages), with food ideas for the three phases of the intervention
- Eating with Crohn’s disease (2 pages), including eating during a flare and during remission
- Exocrine Pancreatic Deficiency (1 page), with an explanation of how to use prescribed enzymes and symptom management
- Sucrase Isomaltase Deficiency (2 pages), details include food ideas, how to determine how much sugar and starch is in a product, and how to use prescribed enzymes
- Fructose Intolerance (1 page), including an explanation of the disorder and foods to avoid
- Bristol Stool Chart (1 page), a fun graphic to help clients discuss their bowel habits
- Food and Symptom log (1 page), a template for keeping track of changes in symptoms in order to see progress
- Sources of Soluble Fiber (1 page), a tool that is useful for those diagnosed with chronic constipation, as well as those that are increasing fiber slowly with Crohn’s, Colitis, and Gastroparesis
All handouts take a weight-inclusive approach to care.
This set includes 20 full-color pdf files to be shared during a virtual session or emailed to a client, and 20 printer-friendly/black+white versions of the same handouts that can be used for in-person sessions for a total of 40 pages.
About the creator:
Beth Rosen, MS, RD, CDN is a weight-inclusive Registered Dietitian specializing in GI nutrition and disordered eating based in Connecticut. She has been working in the field of nutrition for over 25 years. Beth helps clients find relief from digestive disorders such as Irritable Bowel Disease (IBS) and Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO), Gastroparesis, Celiac disease, and reflux, as well as shares her knowledge with other health professionals via webinars, seminars, and peer mentoring. Beth is currently the vice-chairperson of the Dietitians in Gluten and Gastrointestinal Diseases (DIGID) subgroup of Dietitians in Medical Nutrition Therapy dietetics practics group of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. She is also the Director of Nutrition and Dietary Services for GI OnDEMAND – a partnership between Gastro Girl and the American College of Gastroenterology – to provide integrative GI virtual care and support to patients. She has also designed techniques and programs to empower chronic dieters, disordered eaters, and those in eating disorder recovery to mend their relationship with food and their bodies. Beth has written for major online and print media publications, such as Practical Gastroenterology (10/2022 publication date), HuffingtonPost, VeryWell Fit, and FabUPlus Magazine, and has appeared as a recurring guest on the Fox 61 Morning Show in Hartford, CT. To learn more about Beth, her work, and her philosophy, go to her website at www.BethRosenRD.com.
Terms and conditions:
These products are for educational use only. They are not for re-sale nor transferrable. All handouts are copyright-protected by Beth Rosen MS, RD, CDN. The author is not responsible for errors, omissions, or health outcomes related to the use of these handouts. Handouts may be shared with clients/patients in the individual and/or group nutrition counseling. By purchasing this bundle, you agree to abide by the copyright, and not remove or obscure the copyright information. You may add a logo as long as it does not interfere with the copyright information on any of the documents in this bundle.
License: You may not share, sell, or distribute these files to others. Printed files are permitted for use with clients in individual or group sessions only. By purchasing and using this file you agree to include copyright information on all pages. You may not remove copyright information. You may add your logo as long as it doesn’t cover copyright information located at the bottom/center of the page. You may not share these handouts on social media without prior written permission from Beth Rosen, MS, RD, CDN.
Because this purchase includes digital files, no refunds will be made
©2022 Beth Rosen, MS, RD, CDN. Beth Rosen, MS, RD, CDN maintains all rights to the design and files.
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.