Teach your client or patient the basics of nutrition! Macronutrients are what our plates are built around – and each macro has its purpose. Inside you will find 4 sections – Protein, Carbohydrates, Fats, and Hydration.
These handouts can be used with a diverse range of medical conditions or health needs. Education about macronutrients will enhance and enrich your clients education and understanding of how they can best make changes to their diet and lifestyle.
- Basic nutrition education
- Meal planning
- Weight loss
- Wound healing
- Intuitive eating
- Sports nutrition
- Heart health
This Macronutrient Guide will be used countless times in your practice!
“Protein is a nutrient with an important role in our bodies. It provides the tools necessary to heal from wounds, build and maintain muscle, and is used in many biochemical processes that our bodies do every day to function as normal.”
- A front-back handout that is complete with protein source list, serving sizes, tips for choosing protein, and protein focused snack ideas!
“Carbohydrates have an important role in a healthy diet. They act as fuel for our bodies, both as an easy energy source during exercise, but also as a source of energy for our brains to think, process, and send signals to the rest of the body.”
- A front-back handout that is complete with discussion on complex vs. simple carbohydrate sources, tips on beverages, fruit/vegetable intake, and whole grain choices!
“Dietary fats have many essential roles in a healthy diet. Not only do fats provide energy for our bodies, but they are necessary to absorb vitamins A, D, E, and K. The human body will not function properly without fat in the diet.”
- A front-back handout that is complete with discussion on unsaturated vs. saturated fats and tips for choosing the right fats to cook with, snack on, and to avoid!
“Staying well hydrated is important for our bodies to function as normal. Water helps our bodies filter out waste and supports organ function by delivering nutrients to all areas of our body.”
- A one-page handout on hydration, complete with general fluid recommendations and tips on how to stay hydrated!
You must log in to submit a review.