High Calorie Foods SERIES
High calorie foods are used to stop unintended weight loss. Anyone working with frail older adults knows how detrimental unintended weight loss can be.
Unintended Weight Loss is a Real Problem
With unintended weight loss comes loss of muscle. We need muscle to function. To get out of bed in the morning, get dressed, feed ourselves… we need muscles for independence.
Unintended weight loss… it’s a big deal. It robs older adults of their independence. It impacts their quality of life and increases the risk of death and disability.
You can help!
Adding high calorie foods into the diet of an older adult is KEY to stopping unintended weight loss and promoting weight gain. But it takes intention and planning.
This High Calorie Foods SERIES includes client education handouts you can use when working on interventions to stop unintended weight loss with your clients.
What is Included?
This High Calorie Foods SERIES includes 3 PDF handouts:
- High Calorie Foods List
- A one-page colorful handout with real pictures to give ideas for high calorie foods to help stop weight loss.
- High Calorie Foods Grocery List
- Make grocery shopping easy with a grocery list of high calorie foods. Space is included to add additional items.
- High Calorie Meal Plan Template
- This 5-day meal plan includes some ideas for high calorie add-ins with many blank fields so that you can fill in the foods your client likes to eat. A blank meal plan is also included.
Is This JUST for Older Adults?
No! This resource can be used for any client or population that needs a boost of extra calories. My target audience just happens to be seniors! Please note there is no reference to older adults in any of the handouts.
Be sure to check out my other resources!
If you are interested in this SERIES, be sure to check out my freebie on High Calorie Shakes! Learn the basics on making a delicious high calorie shake to stop unintended weight loss with this FREE 1-page client education handout!
If you work with seniors, be sure to my other resources:
- Nutrition and Hydration at End of Life BUNDLE
- Oral Health in Seniors SERIES
- Top 5 Tips to Pass the CSG Exam
Thank you for your support.
You must log in to submit a review.