High Calorie SMOOTHIES Handout
High calorie foods are used to stop unintended weight loss. Anyone working with frail older adults knows how detrimental unintended weight loss can be.
Unintended Weight Loss is a Real Problem
With unintended weight loss comes loss of muscle. We need muscle to function. To get out of bed in the morning, get dressed, feed ourselves… we need muscles for independence.
Unintended weight loss… it’s a big deal. It robs older adults of their independence. It impacts their quality of life and increases the risk of death and disability.
Why High Calorie Smoothies
I have been working with older adults for over 13 years. And I’ve found that even when my clients just can’t take another bite of food, they can still sip on a drink or smoothie.
High calorie drinks served in-between meals can be an effective way to stop unintended weight loss and promote weight gain.
What is Included?
This one-page PDF client education handout includes a basic 4 step instruction to making a high calorie smoothie. It lists ingredient ideas, though not specific amounts (that would be too much for a 1-page handout & it varies based on the combo of ingredients used anyways!).
It includes a delicious recipe which gives people a good idea for where to get started. Our Strawberry Banana Smoothie recipe provides a tasty 650 calories!
Is This JUST for Older Adults?
No! This resource can be used for any client or population that needs a boost of extra calories. My target audience just happens to be seniors!
Be sure to check out my other resources!
If you find this resources valuable, be sure to check out my High Calorie SHAKES e-Cookbook featuring 25 delicious recipes with color photos! And be sure to check out my other products listed below. I offer a free product for every premium paid product. Your support is so appreciated!
- High Fiber Snacks Handout (FREE)
- High Protein Snacks Handout (FREE)
- High Calorie Snacks Handout (FREE)
- High Calorie SHAKES Handout (FREE)
- High Calorie SMOOTHIES Handout (FREE)
- Resources for End of Life Care (FREE)
- Low Cost Dental Care Options Handout Template (FREE)
- Top 5 Tips to Pass the CSG Exam (FREE)
- High Fiber Foods SERIES ($9.99)
- High Protein Foods SERIES ($9.99)
- High Calorie Foods SERIES ($9.99)
- High Calorie SHAKES e-Cookbook ($19.99)
- Oral Health in Seniors SERIES ($12.99)
- Nutrition and Hydration at End of Life BUNDLE ($19.99)
- Colonoscopy Diet Prep SERIES ($9.99)
- Warfarin Diet BUNDLE ($9.99)
I really like the graphics and simplicity of this handout. Helpful for anyone looking to increase their energy intake due to a chronic condition, eating disorders, or an illness.
This is a great handout for a client. They can throw it on their fridge, it is very basic and easy to understand.
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.