High Calorie Snacks HANDOUT
High calorie foods are used to stop unintended weight loss. Anyone working with frail older adults knows how detrimental unintended weight loss can be.
Unintended Weight Loss is a Real Problem
With unintended weight loss comes loss of muscle. We need muscle to function. To get out of bed in the morning, get dressed, feed ourselves… we need muscles for independence.
Unintended weight loss… it’s a big deal. It robs older adults of their independence. It impacts their quality of life and increases the risk of death and disability.
You can help!
Adding high calorie foods into the diet of an older adult is KEY to stopping unintended weight loss.
This FREE High Calorie Snacks handout can help you educate your patient with easy high calorie snack ideas. It features colorful photos, portion sizes, and calorie estimates for each snack.
Be sure to check out my other resources!
If you find this resource valuable, be sure to check out my High Calorie Foods SERIES which includes 3 client education handouts: high calorie food list, shopping list, and meal planner!
This is everything your clients will need to plan and implement the education you provide. This High Calorie Food SERIES is only $9.99 and complements this freebie perfectly!
And be sure to check out my other products listed below. I offer a free product for every premium paid product. Your support is so appreciated!
- High Protein Snacks Handout (FREE)
- High Calorie Snacks Handout (FREE)
- High Calorie SHAKES Handout (FREE)
- Resources for End of Life Care (FREE)
- Low Cost Dental Care Options Handout Template (FREE)
- Top 5 Tips to Pass the CSG Exam (FREE)
- High Protein Foods SERIES ($9.99)
- High Calorie Foods SERIES ($9.99)
- High Calorie SHAKES e-Cookbook ($19.99)
- Oral Health in Seniors SERIES ($12.99)
- Nutrition and Hydration at End of Life BUNDLE ($19.99)
You must log in to submit a review.