The RDN’s Ultimate Guide to Mediterranean-Style Eating for Patients with Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis
One effective and popular dietary approach among people with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) is a Mediterranean diet. However, a high-fiber plant-based diet can present unique challenges for patients with active Crohn’s and ulcerative colitis because rarely can patients tolerate fibrous foods.
This 30 page protocol has everything you need to help your patients with IBD adopt a low-fiber version of this well-researched anti-inflammatory diet.
- An overview of the Mediterranean diet, describing basic principles and fundamental do’s and don’ts
- Insight into the research-based benefits and inherent challenges of the Mediterranean-style diet for IBD
- Guidance for RDNs on how to create Mediterranean-style diets for IBD patients
- 8 comprehensive patient-friendly food lists with low-roughage recommendations that you can share with your patients
- A clear list of foods to limit and avoid
- 8 delicious, easy-to-make IBD-friendly Mediterranean-style recipes to help your patients feel better and empowered in the kitchen
- A handy list of favorite food and supplement products for IBD patients – RDN-approved!
- A real-life case study with an example of how RDNs have helped their patients with IBD use a Mediterranean-style diet to improve symptoms and overall quality of life
- Thoughtful answers to frequently asked questions of patients with IBD who are adopting a Mediterranean-style diet
Don’t miss these additional clinical resources for IBD nutrition care.
The RDN’s Ultimate Guide to Managing Constipation in Patients with Ulcerative Colitis – click here for more details.
Eating with IBD, The Essentials – click here for more details.
IBD Nutrition Assessment Form – click here for more details.
You must log in to submit a review.
Leave a reply Cancel reply
You may also like
IBD Nutrition: The RDN’s Ultimate Guide to Managing Constipation in Patients with Ulcerative Colitis$24.99
The RDN's Ultimate Guide to Managing Constipation in Patients with Ulcerative Colitis Did you know that nearly half of all patients with ulcerative colitis will experience constipation? And they will…
A guide to help RDNs quickly identify what foods are OK and not OK on well-known IBD diets: The Specific Carbohydrate Diet, IBD-AID, Low FODMAP, Crohn’s Disease Exclusion Diet, Autoimmune Paleo,…
Here at Wellness by Food, we recognize how food impacts the body’s ability to heal. That’s why we’ve combined our clinical experience from working with thousands of IBD patients plus…