As a stay at home mom, I was looking for a side business that used my RD degree and provided some extra income, yet didn’t take time away from my family. And I wanted to enjoy it.
Could such a thing exist?
At a friend’s suggestion, I started teaching cooking classes to my friends’ kids. I developed two 8-week kids cooking and nutrition courses. And I loved it! I looked FORWARD to it every week!
What’s more – I loved the comments that I received from my friends about their kids’ newfound kitchen confidence.
And now I am happy to offer you the opportunity to do the same. This time it’s ready for YOU to launch and have a ball and enjoy the extra income.
- Are you looking for a ‘plug and play’ side hustle that could turn a profit the first month?
- Do you have a passion for working with youth?
- Would you like to be part of the movement that is teaching youth to recognize sound nutrition principles?
- Would you love to have a small business that involves your own kids?
- Are you ready to have some fun?
In this lesson – geared for middle and high school students – you will find a printable lesson plan designed for a 2 hour class that contains:
- A preparation checklist to help you glide through your prep
- Printable gathering activity suggestions
- Printable instructions for the cooking skill and the nutrition principle
- Printable handouts for your students
- A taste test grid to help your students develop their tasting palate.
- A printable recipe for each lesson
- A take-home kitchen implement suggestion
All you’ll need to do is buy your cooking ingredients and taste test selections, click and order your students takeaway tools, and print your handouts.
Download and start your adventure today!
This lesson plan is the first in the comprehensive toolkit for the Teach Cooking Confidence curriculum.
The 12 page PDF download contains instructions and tried and true tips for teaching a cooking class in your own kitchen. It could also be easily adapted for a virtual class.
Leverage your expertise.
- Help youth gain confidence in the kitchen
- Teach sound nutrition principles
- Help them learn to explore a variety of new foods
- Build your nutrition authority in your community
And provide yourself a side business that can be profitable in the first month.
Learn more at BringDinnerBack.com.
See also on RD2RD:
- Beginner’s Guide to Flavor Profiles handout
- Teach Cooking Confidence Taste Testing Lesson Plan Template
- Teach Cooking Confidence Cooking School Curriculum coming soon. Sign up at BringDinnerBack.com to be notified when it is available.
You must log in to submit a review.