- I spend less time in appointments, as this program is completely automated and client-directed.
- I am empowering my clients with better education on the basics of functional nutrition than ever before. I don’t have to worry about overwhelming them with too much information during their LEAP protocol, spending valuable appointment time teaching the same concepts over and over again, or forgetting to teach them something important during the course of our visits.
- My clients are seeing better results than ever before, and I feel confident they understand better WHY and how to stay that way after we finish working together.
- It has allowed me to increase my consulting package price, while actually spending less time in appointments, and getting better client results.
- The workbook. This lays out each step of the program and links to each video. Each week I also include handouts and links to bonus podcasts, blog posts, and YouTube videos with additional information for those clients who are hungry for knowledge.
- The optional meal plans. Meal planning is a commitment each week, and I provide these meal plans as an option for them to follow or use if that helps them. Each week includes a meal plan for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack ideas, and a shopping list. There are links to all recipes and even some products they may not be familiar with.
- The weekly videos. These are linked to in the workbook. There are 4 videos, one to watch before beginning each week of the program.
- A bonus 5th video called Understanding Your MRT Results. They watch this at the end of the 4-week Jumpstart, before our first LEAP appointment. It takes those appointments down from 1.5 hours to about 45 minutes because I don’t have to explain all the basic MRT results information over and over again.
You can use all these materials and videos I’ve already developed and begin using them for your LEAP clients right away. When you purchase this package, you will get an editable copy of the workbook and meal plans, with links to all the videos. You are free to add your own logos and adapt the information in the workbook according to your own style. You can link to my videos each week, or create your own.
This program took me MANY, MANY hours to develop, and I know many other LEAP therapists are considering doing something similar. I decided to make it available to my fellow CLTs that want to save the upfront work, begin making more money on consulting packages right away, and use a program that is proven successful.
3 Ideas to implement this program:
- Simply send the links for the workbook and meal plans to your clients when they are ready to begin. They can print and use everything right away. Send them their MRT test kits, and schedule a follow-up appointment at the end of the 4th week of this program. This is how I started out and it was very simple and effective.
- Copy and paste everything into an online client program. I have mine set up in Practice Better to be completely online and automatic. You can use other online course platforms like Teachable or Thinkific as well. Set up your 4 week follow-up appointment and send them their MRT test kits.
- Set up an automatic email series that sends your client the video links, commitments, and meal plans each week on a schedule, and allows them to send you email updates, etc. Set up your 4 week follow-up appointment and send them their MRT test kits.
- Importance of plenty of water in general and during LEAP therapy
- A look into various other drinks like soda pop, coffee, and caffeinated tea with a commitment to abstain from all for the next 2 months and why its important to try. So far I haven’t had anybody decide NOT to follow this advice after I explain why.
- Reasons to eat “real food” and some guidance on how to choose real foods.
- A pantry purge challenge with a guide included in the workbook.
- General CDC exercise recommendations, how it helps chronic disease, and a place in the workbook to set an exercise goal.
- Why insulin resistance and blood sugar control is important for everyone.
- Simple explanation of how insulin and blood sugar work.
- Four practical tools for balancing blood sugars, including the plate method, AHA added sugar guidelines, the “PFC” method, and more. There are corresponding activities in the workbook to help them solidify label reading and recipe reading.
Week 3: Eat the Rainbow
- Benefits of fruit and vegetable consumption and why important for all chronic disease.
- A chart to help clients quickly identify how many fruits and veggies they need daily.
Week 4: Manage Your Macros
- Discussion of what healthy fats, proteins, and carbs actually are.
- Dispelling myths and sharing research, especially around fat.
- Discussion of whole grains, “anti-nutrients”, and traditional food prep VS modern, and the gluten-intolerance epidemic.
- Re-affirming how to balance and adjust macros, as this is discussed in week 2 as well.
Bonus Video: Understanding Your MRT Results
- The workbook instructs your clients to watch this video at the end of Week 4, and BEFORE your next appointment to go over the Jumpstart program and their MRT test results. If your approach to interpreting results is different than mine, you can simply omit this video or make your own.
Please let me know if you have any questions about this program. I’d be happy to answer them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must log in to submit a review.