Working with picky eaters? Asked to speak at a school or host a workshop for children? Trying to encourage your own kiddos to try new things? Then the “My Food Explorer Mat” and “My Food Explorer Comparison Mat” are for you!
Mealtimes can be stressful, but it doesn’t have to be.
We are parents, grandparents, caregivers, and educators with the same worries about our kids and clients.
- Are they eating?
- Are they eating enough?
- Are they eating foods that nourish their growing bodies?
- Why won’t they eat?
- What can I get them to eat?
Let’s encourage creativity and self-expression; it’s okay to play with your food!
If you’re looking to transform a picky eater to an adventurous diner, then these Food Explorer mats are for you!
This hands-on, taste-testing tool will transform mealtime and grow adventurous eaters through sensory exploration and mindfulness. Taking a pause to slow down, engage with food, and check-in with ourselves creates an opportunity to learn about our taste buds and texture preferences.
The “My Food Explorer Mat” is designed as a tool to experiment with new foods or explore old favorites. The “My Food Explorer Comparison Mat” is intended to nurture adventurous palates by comparing the same food prepared two different ways (such as raw broccoli or roasted broccoli); comparing different varieties of the same food (such as a granny smith apple and a red delicious apple); comparing two completely different foods (such an apple and a banana).
We use our senses every day but rarely stop to think about the information they give us. Let’s explore the look, feel, smell, sound, and taste of different foods. Time to put your Food Explorer hat on and experience delicious! Use these placemats to transform mealtime battles into pressure-free, experimental fun.
These placemats make a great printed gift for any child or used for workshops in your practice (this item may not be sold or redistributed in print or digital form, clients may purchase their own set. It is perfect for mealtimes at home, taste-testings in school, and food exploration in classes. Grow adventurous eaters through fun food discovery every time you eat.
These placemats will become your kiddos/clients favorite and they will ask to eat on them every time they sit around the table!
If you like these placemats, then you will love my Growing Adventurous Eaters book series for kids. Check out my books Where Do Bananas Come From? A Book of Fruits and Where Does Broccoli Come From? A Book of Vegetables, available on Amazon.
- My Food Explorer Mat
- My Food Explorer Comparison Mat
- Parent’s Guide
- Educators Toolkit
Toolkit and guides include:
- My Food Explorer Mat – Quick Start Guide
- My Food Explorer Mat: How to Use the Mat
- My Food Explorer Comparison Mat – Quick Start Guide
- My Food Explorer Comparison Mat: How to Use the Mat
- Cheat-Sheet for Adventures in Food: 5 Tips to Get you Started
- At-A-Glance: My 5 Senses Prompted Questions
- Parent’s Guide with Two Sample Lesson Plans; Educator’s Toolkit with Four Sample Lesson Plans for Food Adventures and Taste-Testings
- 100 Descriptive Word Glossary
- Common Cooking Methods
Placemat and Toolkit/Guide Details
- You will receive two high-resolution JPG files at 300 dpi and pdf files available for you to download after you purchase these placemats.
- You can print at home, upload online to a print service, or bring the file to your local print shop for quick, easy, and affordable placemats.
- Parent’s Guide pdf (19 pages)
- Educators Toolkit pdf (23 pages)
- 80 lb. or 100 lb. matte paper with thick lamination.
- Placemat size 11in x 17in; can be easily printed on a home printer at 8.5in x 11in.
Thank you for visiting my shop, I wish you endless adventures in food.
P.S. I love seeing my tools in action. Tag me on Instagram @kid.food.explorers or on Facebook @kid.food.exploreres
© 2019 Experience Delicious LLC All Rights Reserved. All digital downloads are for personal use only and must be printed for gifting. Please contact me directly if you are interested in wholesale opportunities.
You must log in to submit a review.