This handout is perfect for people who are in earlier stages of kidney disease who want to slow the progression of CKD. The information does not stress avoiding all animal foods. Rather, focuses on incorporating more vegetable proteins, fruits & vegetables. And, limiting portion and frequency of meat, poultry and fish.
Five page, full color PDF handout includes:
- Overview of the benefits of plant based diets for kidney disease
- Comparison of plant vs. animal proteins
- Recommended foods for each major food group
- Information about limiting sodium
- Label reading for artificial phosphorus ingredients
- Examples of general meal ideas
- Example 4 day meal plan including meals and snacks
The information does NOT address potassium, as it is intended for people with CKD who do not need to limit how much potassium they eat.
You must log in to submit a review.