Detailed summary of this product:
Trader Joe’s Grocery Haul and Meal Prep Plan is a 4 page document that is meant for clients to use when they are grocery shopping at Trader Joes.
Page 1 is a title page that shows 6 colorful, nutritious meal and snack ideas using foods you can purchase at Trader Joe’s.
Page 2 is a grocery list. The list is broken up into the follow categories:
- Pantry Items
Within each category there are 4-10 items the shopper can shop for. This list is intentionally void of red meat and includes seafood proteins, chicken, turkey, eggs. This is not suitable for vegans or vegetarians.
In the Carbohydrates category, whole grain bread is included so if you’re providing this to clients who are gluten free make sure to make a note.
Page 3 is the Meal Prep Plan. This helps clients meal prep by macronutrients.
- Clients are guided on how to batch cook or “meal prep” by proteins
- Clients are guided on how to cook and cut veggies
- Clients are guided on how to cook carbohydrates (grains and potatoes)
By cooking in this system, it is easiest for client to begin preparing to go meals and make sure each meal has adequate protein, carbohydrates and veggies. The Registered Dietitian may use this plan to counsel clients on the behavior of meal prep and include specific dietary milestones (ex- please aim for 30 grams of carbohydrates each meal) to make it individualized.
Page 4 is Meal Plan Inspo
This is a page for clients to write and plan ideas for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.
How to use this document:
- Host a Grocery Store Tour at Trader Joe’s and provide each person a handout.
- Host a workshop using Trader Joe’s Grocery and share recipe demos to generate health meal ideas in the audience.
- Use in 1 on 1 individual nutrition coaching sessions with clients who have a goal to meal prep and have a Trader Joe’s in their communities
You must log in to submit a review.