No matter what setting you end up working in as a RD, you WILL encounter clients with disordered eating. Unfortunately, we do not learn nearly enough information about how to counsel these individuals in school. This leads many of us feeling stuck and frustrated not knowing how to help. We get it, we have been there!
Interested in learning more? Check out our eating disorder professional mentorship subscriptions. This subscription, will help you feel confident and well-equipped to support your clients with eating disorders, at any stage.
Types of Eating Disorders: Part 1 of Nutrition Counseling for Adults with Eating Disorders
*Worth 1 CEU from CDR
- Understand risk factors for developing an eating disorder
- Learn diagnostic criteria for the various eating disorder diagnoses
- Identify behavioral, emotional, and physical signs and symptoms of each
- Recognize specific medical complications of eating disorders
- 1 hour recorded lecture
- “Common Functions of Eating Disorders” handout
- Additional educational links to enhance learning
- Certificate of completion
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.