*Updated and Upgraded May 2022!
Studies show that humans remember:
- 10% of what they hear
- 20% of what they read
- and 80% of what they see
Comprehension and understanding is further impacted by a state of malnourishment, making visual and take-home aids imperative for clients, family members and other relevant supports, to make the most of concepts reviewed in session.
This is a comprehensive eating disorder client education package for anyone caring for clients with Anorexia, ARFID, Bulimia, Binge Eating Disorder, OSFED or disordered eating patterns. It includes crucial concepts to take your client through the early work/ early stages of recovery. This package is complimented well by exchanged based meal planning, RO3 and Intuitive eating. SAVE 20% when you buy this bundle.
This non-branded 62 page package includes the following handouts organized in a zip file:
- Understanding Bingeing & Emotional Eating
- Understanding Body Composition and Weight
- Understanding Metabolism & Metabolic Adaptations Seen in Dieting, Eating Disorders and Recovery
- Recognizing and Challenging ED Thoughts
- Gentle Nutrition: Understanding Digestion
- Gentle Nutrition: Macronutrients
- Incorporating Feared & Novel Foods
- Eating Disorder Support for Supports
- Reasons to Recover
- How Under Eating Causes Overeating
- The Biological Effects of Calorie Restriction
- Eating Disorder Recovery Benchmarking
- Navigating Fear of Weight Gain & Desire for Weight Loss
- Snack Pack for Eating Disorder & Intuitive Eating RDs (Includes Non-Dairy & Nut Free)
- Beyond the Scale: Celebrating Non-Scale Victories
- ED Recovery Resources (3 pages of Books to read, IG Accounts to Follow & Podcasts to Listen to)
- Recovery Affirmations (1 page of a list of 34 recovery affirmations to help your clients reframe thoughts and tough days)
Terms and Conditions
This document is to be used as a tool in nutrition counselling or nutrition groups. The content is not intended to be a substitute for medical treatment. Users are encouraged to advise their client to always seek the advice of a qualified healthcare practitioner for questions about their health or nutritional requirements. The author is not responsible for errors, omissions or individual usage. All materials are protected under copyright and are only intended for use by the sole individual or entity who purchased the resource.
License: You may not share, sell or distribute these files to others. Printed files are permitted for use with clients in individual or group sessions only. By purchasing and using this file, you agree to include copyright information on all pages. You may not remove copyright information.
Social Media: Should you decide to use any content from this resource to create social media images, please give credit to the creator (Brittaney Berendsen RD) as the source.
© 2022 Brittaney Berendsen RD. Brittaney Berendsen RD maintains all rights to the designs and files.
I’m so glad I found this resource! I use these handouts in most of my sessions!
These are well done handouts! The downside is that the last page has the brand of the seller (which they are supposed to be unbranded), so they are only good for printing and not for sending out as an email attachment which is really disappointing as I do a lot of telehealth.
I really love using these handouts! Very organized, easy to present to client. Helps to have those written materials to reinforce discussions! Thank you!
I really like the presentation of the materials. The information is clearly presented easy to follow and understand. They have reliable sources of information.
You must log in and be a buyer of this download to submit a review.